Contact the Library
Got a question? We have answers! Library staff members are available to help you find the information you need. To ask a question or share your comments, visit us at the Library or reach us via:
Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr
Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 9:00pm
Saturday from 9:00am to 6:00pm
Sunday from 12:00noon to 6:00pm
847.673.7774 Main phone
We will try to respond to questions and comments within 48 hours.
- For general comments about Skokie Public Library and the website ...
- Tell us what you think
- For questions about Library loan policies and your Library record ...
- Ask the Circulation Department
- For research questions ...
- Ask a librarian... for information
- For kids' books, events, and programs ...
- Ask a librarian... about books and things for kids
- For teen and young adult programs ...
- Ask a librarian... for teenstuff
- For events and programs at the Library ...
- Ask us... about programs and events
- For reading suggestions ...
- Ask a librarian... about our fiction and audiobook collections
- For movie and music resources ...
- Ask a librarian... about listening and viewing selections
Send us your question using
our online form.
Skokie Public Library now offers reference service through AOL Instant Messenger, Google Talk, Windows Live Messenger, and Yahoo! Messenger. You can also type your question into the “Ask Skokie” box to the right. Once you’ve typed in your question, make sure to stay on the page until we respond.
Please note: Instant Messaging Reference service is only available during library hours, and may be unavailable during certain periods of high Library activity.
|AOL Instant Messenger: askskokie|
|Google Talk: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Yahoo! Messenger: askskokie|
If you are having problems connecting, make sure your privacy settings are set to accept new incoming messages.
Younger students in grades 8 and below can ask a librarian live online via the Instant Message Reference service provided by the Library’s Youth Services Department.
Professional librarians are available to meet one-on-one to assist with research questions or offer face-to-face personal training with technology. Check out our Book a Librarian service.
The Skokie Public Library blog features reviews, booklists, commentary, and much more – all from Library staff. Our other blogs include:
Whether you're a kid, a parent, or just a kid at heart, Skokie Public Library has a ton of stuff just for you. This blog chronicles all things kid-centric at your Library.
Resources for educators and other caregivers, selected by School Services Liaison Susan Carlton.
Listen to Library staff as they discuss film, great nonfiction, technology, and more in their regular series of audio podcasts.